January 15, 2011

Maxi’s snake bite

Photo courtesy of Al Coritz, Wikipedia
One morning in the autumn of 2006, Maxi, our old Border Collie was sniffing in the fallen leaves on the lawn when he was bitten by a highly venomous puff adder.

Thankfully my husband Owen was at home that day and drove the car as we rushed him to the nearest veterinary hospital. I sat in the back of the car with Maxi and gave him Bach Flower Remedies. Rescue Remedy to help with the shock and Crab Apple for cleansing. I also kept putting Rescue Remedy on the actual bite on his face.

I did Reiki and some ear slides, a TTouch technique, by moving my thumb and forefinger from the base of his ear to the tip, to prevent his body from going into shock. I drew the Reiki symbols and used the Mental/Emotional symbol to clear the poison from his system.

By the time we got to the vet his face and neck were beginning to swell. He received immediate attention and was put on a drip. Because of Maxi’s age – he was twelve at the time – the prognosis wasn't positive. We were  advised that the puff adder’s poison would cause the skin to rot in the area of the bite, so if he recovered we should be prepared to deal with that situation. We stayed with Maxi as they placed him in a kennel and said a teary goodbye, not knowing if he would ever come home again.

My Reiki students’ network, family and friends sent Reiki and prayed for his recovery. I sent distant healing to him and all  the other animals in the hospital for healing for their highest good. The next day his face and head were swollen to twice the normal size. That night I sat with his photo between my hands and beamed distant healing to him, visualizing the poison and swelling leaving his body. I asked God, Reiki Guides and St Francis of Assisi (the patron saint of animals) for help.

When the phone rang early the next morning I was expecting to hear bad news. The vet said the swelling had miraculously gone down during the night and that we could go and collect him! When we arrived at the animal hospital, all the other animals were leaving as they had also made a speedy recovery (another dog also had a snake bite) much to the vet’s surprise.

I continued to give Maxi Reiki and thankfully he made a full recovery without the any of the predicted skin rotting on his face and he went on to live until the ripe old age of
sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment